"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief... and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving




Saturday, February 20, 2010

We are very much Blessed... Thank You for the Love

February 18, 10:30 p.m., while winding down from our little Angel Marcus' 9th day, the guard downstairs called. I asked Jhon what it was about, he simply said, "There's a package delivery."

I immediately wondered, "Why so late in the night?"

When Jhon opened the door, a bunch of perfectly arranged flowers were dropped off by 2 men. From one vase to another, the amazing arrangements were placed on our dining table. I was dumbfounded.

"Oh my God! How beautiful!"

"Happy Valentine's, baby. Here check this one," Jhon said smiling as he handed me 4 long-stemmed red tulips, my favorite flower, arranged oh so intricately in a glass vase. The card read:
To Our Dearest Mama, with all our love,
Happy Valentine's Day!
We love you
From: Baby Marcus and Jhon
I could not hold back my tears. All I could do was hug Jhon... with my voice breaking, I said thank you. It was the most beautiful present I've ever received. I couldn't have asked for anything better.


"And this one's from my family," he added. A towering display of flowers, roses I think, in white with purple tips were bunched in a beautiful textured vase. As well as another flower presentation laden with yellow, pink, and light green carnations were included. A card was placed and it wrote:
To Jet,
Please know our loving thoughts embrace you and Jhon.
Our prayers are with you always. Know the Family is here for you Both.
We love you, Jhon and Baby Marcus
Love...
The Salvadors

The 4th arrangement was for our Mama. It consisted of pink stargazer lilies and roses beautifully secured in a hurricane vase. It smelt so good. I immediately called our driver to pick up the gorgeous gift to be delivered to her right away. The next day she appreciatively told me she loved the flowers and that she placed it at the altar.


The 5th and most special gift was the wreath for darling baby Marcus. When Jhon showed it to me I thought the roses were not real. Each rose is as white as snow, so perfect, down to each shiny leaf.


When Jhon and I placed Marcus' tiny urn on the wreath it literally looked like he was laying on a bed of roses. Such a wonderful sight.


What a beautiful surprise indeed. The whole while, I thought Jhon and his family were only planning to gift our Mama with flowers as a thank you. However, the present for me from them, Jhon and baby Marcus was too precious. I can't stop looking at them. I made sure I placed them all over our place so it looks like little Marcus' garden. It's just breathtaking.


I am touched. I truly appreciate the love and prayers our Salvador family is sending us. Tita Zenny, Ate Sherry, and Regina check up on us everyday. They see to it that Jhon has everything he needs. They constantly ask him if there is anything at all that they can do for him, for us. Jhon feels so loved.

Jhon said Ate Sherry wants to go home, she wants to see Marcus. Ferdi bought a necklace with Marcus' name on it and wears it around. Suki is obviously crushed and would Tweet about it. They all immensely love our baby Marcus. They are all doing their best to function while deeply mourning the loss of our little angel. We all feel the same heartbreak.

I am happy that the magic of our little Angel Marcus has brought everybody together, in one love. He has made each one of us realize the true meaning of care and love for one another. We see it all around, from people whose lives he touched. Jhon and I ourselves make sure that we be consciously good toward people, extra kind and patient. May it be family, friends, or strangers. Life is too short.

Thank you for the love, my second family. Your love overflows. Thank you our baby Marcus for showing us how to love.

3 comments:

  1. I like reading your entries. Your writing is so heartfelt. Big hug and kiss :-) - Suki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jet, I really feel for you my friend. Baby Marcus loves you very much. Jhon, I've never even met you but I know for sure that Jet is very blessed to have you in her life. Thank you. Jet, take care of yourself. Stay positive. God is watching you, Jhon and your baby. Take care-- jenny vergara selga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suki: Hugs to you too :)

    Jenny: Thank you my friend. Thank you for the words of encouragement. Sorry I haven't replied to any of your messages yet. Soon, I promise, we will talk.

    ReplyDelete