"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief... and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving




Monday, March 01, 2010

Family and Friends

March... already seems like an eternity. I probably wouldn't even notice the days going by if I don't look at the calendar.

The last two to three days of February were kind to Jet and I. We found comfort in the company of each other as well as Lola. Our puppy never fails to give us something to smile and laugh about even if it was just temporary. Of course, the never ending support of our family and friends who are always there for us.

Friday night, Mike Thio, one of my best friends was throwing a party for his 31st birthday. Yet, he did not forget to invite Jet and I even though he knew we weren't going to make it. I know he was always thinking about Jet and I. We haven't seen him since Marcus' service.

Last Saturday, a dozen Crispy Creme donuts were delivered with some wonderful mangoes, strawberries, and home cooked food from my Mom and siblings. The night before, Mama sent cooked food from Conti's. Makes preparing food much simpler for us as we are still not 100% percent.

Later in the afternoon, Ate Belle and Miguel joined us for church. After church we proceeded down to CPK to have dinner where Jet and Ate Belle had some alone time while Miguel accompanied me to National Bookstore. Mama arrived soon after with Bea, Cielo, and Daniela. We were looking for Mica but she was still on her way home from her camping trip. We all shared dinner together, taking our time as we spent a nice evening together.

Yesterday, our dear friend Patricia sent us a wonderful message. She wrote:

"Hello, my dear friends. I've been busy and would like to spend time but work is crazy. But you're in my thoughts & prayers, just like today. I was moved to send u this - 1 Peter 5:7 says "casting the whole of ur care [all anxieties, worries, concerns once & for all] on Him, for He cares for u affectionately & cares about u watchfully". Be sure that even God hurts when u hurt, that ur pain is His pain, too. He doesn't like seeing his children cry. But He is also (in Psalm 6:26) your salvation, ur ROCK, DEFENSE, FORTRESS. When u can't He can! God loves u and I love you both. I'll see u soon!"
Jet and I can't thank our family and friends enough for the never ending love and support we receive each day. Not once, did any of them forget to message us, ask how we are doing, and to see that we are getting through okay. It makes coping with our loss easier.

I'm sure our Marcus is extremely proud just as Jet and I are, to have such loving family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment