"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief... and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving




Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mama

Look upon her eyes, and you will see, the kind of mother she would be. In my heart I always knew Jet would be a an awesome mother. You can see and tell with the way she pampers and cares for her nephews and nieces, even the way she's attracted to babies or small children. The way she takes care of our puppy Lola. I see it in her eyes.

I never truly understood the kind of mother she would be till Marcus came to us. "Mama," as she likes to be called. Cared and nurtured Marcus. Always putting him ahead of herself at all times. Their bond increasing as each day passes, a lasting bond only known to mother and son.

My heart aches when I see my Jet without our precious little Marcus. I cry because try as I may, I cannot give Marcus back to Mama. A space only for Marcus, our house forever empty.

Beyond our sadness and grief, I see hope and faith. I'm proud of Mama for having brought a precious little angel to this world. Her love and strength, immeasurable. Her beauty incomparable. Mama's love for Marcus exudes in every possible way. Her attention moved from caring for our baby to living her life to the fullest, caring for herself, caring for those she loves, and helping others, all in honor of our son. I can almost hear our baby boy say, " I love you mama, and I'm so proud of you. You are the best mama in the whole world!"

What more can I say? We cannot ask for more. There are no words to describe how blessed Marcus, Lola, and I. And I dedicate a poem to mama for my son Marcus:

"Mother's Day is here,
Bringing joy and pleasures new,
On this special day, Mother dear,
I want to remember you

I cannot give you costly gifts,
And I've told you this before,
No matter what I give to you,
You give back much, much more

I'm giving you a pure, sweet rose,
Gathered in the early morn,
This rose you planted in my heart,
The day that I was born

In kindly, loving thoughts of you,
And with the faith you still impart,
The rose I give to you today,
Is the love that's in my heart"

- Anonymous



No comments:

Post a Comment