"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief... and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving




Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Message for Mama

As I was writing an entry from the time I got up, I can't help but feel as if something were missing. I couldn't put my thoughts together, and I knew I wasn't writing from my heart. Then all of a sudden thoughts of a poem rushed through my head and my heart, as if Marcus was whispering to me. So I began writing a poem for Jet. Then it ended as fast as it came. A message for Mama on Mother's day:

My Mama

Gaze upon her eyes and you will see
What a wonderful Mama she would be

My Mama, I knew you would be
The best one, everyone would agree

Her love and touch so pure
For my aches and pains there is no other cure

For you Mama I feel so blessed
You stand among the best


I love you Mama! I'm just here looking out for you always! Happy Mother's Day!

- Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment